Teaching Evidence-Based Medicine
Monday, 13 September 2021 to Thursday, 16 September 2021Sign up now
Designed for all health care professionals, who have some knowledge of critical appraisal and experience in practicing evidence-based health care, and who want to explore issues around teaching.
Teaching Evidence-Based Medicine is designed for all health care professionals, who have some knowledge of critical appraisal and experience in practicing evidence-based health care, and who want to explore issues around teaching. Students will learn in small groups and be facilitated to practice and develop their skills in teaching evidence-based practice. Participants will also learn educational strategies to develop a curriculum and design evaluation.
You should consider attending if you:
- Are committed to patient-centred learning
- Believe in the process of small-group learning
- Take an active role in small group learning
This offers access to four full days of teaching by world renowned experts in evidence-based health care at the University of Oxford, but excludes the academic assignment offered to students on award-bearing programmes of study. A Certificate of Completion is issued at the end of the course.
By the end of this module you will have learned how to:
- Formulate clear answerable questions and teach on this subject
- Understand search strategies and be familiar with different resources
- Teach an aspect of critical appraisal effectively and with confidence
- Understand the range of study designs and appraisals techniques required to teach evidence-based health care
- Teach an aspect of biostatistics in health care
- Understand the components of an effective curriculum for evidence-based practice
There will be two main themes running throughout the workshop:
- Teaching will be addressed through the exploration of different educational models for teaching evidence-based practice and identification and discussion of issues of pedagogy, curriculum design development and maintenance. The aim will be to promote the teaching of evidence-based health care at your home institution
- Personal Development will be addressed by offering guidance and help in extending and advancing participants’ existing critical appraisal and teaching skills.
More information can be found on the sign-up page.