Our response to COVID-19
A selection of news coverage of CEBM's activities during the coronavirus pandemic.
In response to the 2020 coronavirus pandemic, the CEBM set up the Oxford COVID-19 Evidence Service providing rapid evidence reviews, data analysis and thought-provoking writing relating to the coronavirus pandemic. The aim of this service is to support policy and offer guidance to front line healthcare professionals for better informed decision making.
A lot of our work has been picked up by mainstream media as well as being invited to contribute to cabinet office meetings, informing the public and policy.
- 26 June 2020 – The Sun, Covid patients in hospital FOUR TIMES less likely to die now than in April, study finds
- 26 June 2020 – BBC News, Coronavirus death rate falling in hospitals
- 23 June 2020 – The Telegraph, Let’s replace this useless lockdown with social guidance and reap a strong recovery
- 25 June 2020 – The Telegraph, Hospital patients four times less likely to die now than they were in April, Oxford study finds
- 20 June 2020 – The Spectator, The case for the two metre rule is falling apart.
- 20 June 2020 – The Sun, KNIFE-EDGE Rate of coronavirus infection hovers close to one in London, Midlands and North West
- 16 June 2020 – Daily Mail, UK’s two-metre rule is based on little evidence, leading scientists say amid mounting calls on government to drop the measure
- 15 June 2020 – The Telegraph, No evidence for two-metre rule, Oxford experts say
- 10 June 2020 – Wales Online, UK could see a day with zero coronavirus deaths within three weeks
- 10 June 2020 – The Sun, BRIGHT SPARKS Pupils are more likely to be hit by LIGHTNING than die of coronavirus new figures show as calls to reopen schools grow
- 09 June 2020 – Mirror, Top scientist names date UK coronavirus daily death toll could drop to zero
- 09 June 2020 – Wales Online, We may need to think about deliberately catching Covid-19, says scientist
- 05 June 2020 – The Scottish Sun, END IN SIGHT Coronavirus Scotland: Deaths linked to Covid-19 could hit zero by end of THIS MONTH
- 04 June 2020 – Mirror, Britain ‘on track to zero coronavirus deaths’ despite second wave warnings
- 03 June 2020 – Express, End of coronavirus? Briatain predicted to have NO new deaths by July
- 03 June 2020 – Metro, UK on track to see no coronavirus deaths by July
- 03 June 2020 – The Sun, UK’s death rate ‘is back to NORMAL – with zero Covid deaths expected by end of June
- 02 June 2020 – The Gaurdian, Don’t stand so close to me! England’s new rules of social distancing
- 01 June 2020 – The Independant, No coronavirus deaths across 11 London hospitals in 48 hours
- 01 June 2020 – Piper and Herald, Seven out of 10 people who taet positive for coronavirus show no symptoms