Preventing Overdiagnosis 2023 International Conference
Hosted by the Danish College of General Practitioners
Monday, 14 August 2023 to Wednesday, 16 August 2023
This 3-day face to face conference will include a number of lively plenary debates about controversial and timely issues, involving high-profile players from across the health care landscape.
Location: Hotel Scandic, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scandic Copenhagen reduced rate accommodation 13 -16 August inclusive.
Enter Booking code: BDSA130823
Early Bird Registration is OPEN until 01 MAY 2023, price increases for non-concessions thereafter.
Call for Abstracts OPEN. Submission Deadline 01 APRIL 2023
2023 themes below, please note we accept abstracts on all aspects of Overdiagnosis from all stakeholders.
- Clinical solutions and decision-making during consultation to mitigate overdiagnosis: Focusing on preventing overdiagnosis at an individual level.
- Overdefinition: pre-disease a driver for overdiagnosis and expanding disease definition: What are the risks of diagnosing a disease when the screening results are borderline.
- Incentives, drivers and causes of overdiagnosis: Political, cultural and structural mechanisms: Social Science perspectives.
- Sustainability: how is overdiagnosis contributing to healthcare’s global carbon footprint: Can understanding Overdiagnosis through a lens of sustainability reduce harm for individuals and prevent waste of societal and environmental resources.
- Communicating about overdiagnosis including the role of mainstream journalism & social media: How platforms that influence societal belief can encourage critical thinking.
- How does consumer testing and self-screening contribute to overdiagnosis: The role of health markets, direct-to-consumer promotion, and liquid biopsies.
Professor Christopher Dowrick, University of Liverpool, UK
Dr. Margaret McCartney, Glasgow, UK
Thomas Lemke, Journalist UK
Dr. Annette Pluddemann University of Oxford, Uk
Dr. Helen Macdonald, The BMJ, UK
Professor Victor Montori Mayo Clinic, US
Dr. Juan Pablo Britto Mayo Clinic, US
Professor Svend Brinkmann Aalborg University, DK
Professor David Ransohoff UNC School of Medicine, US
Dr. Patti Shih University of Wollongong, AUS